Original carrier announcements that are highlighted below are available upon request.
Contact Russ Towers
- Effective August 17, 2015, Genworth has increased the Total Living Coverage (TLC) credited interest rate from 3.60% to 3.85% on new policies. With this update, TLC will have an average advantage of 30% higher leverage on both long term care and life insurance benefits than the leading competitor through age 87.
- Effective August 17, 2015, due to the changing interest rate environment, Genworth has increased the interest crediting rate for some of their interest-sensitive life insurance products by up to 25 basis points. See announcement for product listing.
- Starting September 1, 2015, the new AG49 maximum illustrated rate will be 6.86% for all Nationwide Indexed UL indexed interest strategies. Note that the AG 49 maximum rate only limits the interest rate and related values shown in illustrations; it does not impact the actual product performance
- Effective September 15, 2015, the Nationwide YourLife IUL product will have a lower participation rate and higher cap rate. The Nationwide YourLife IUL Accumulator product will increase cap rate from 12% to 13%.
- Effective October 1, 2015, the fixed interest strategy on all Nationwide IUL products is changing from 3.75% to 3.50%.
- Effective September 1, 2015, the maximum illustrated rate for Protective Indexed Choice UL will change from 6.28% to 5.76%. This will only impact the illustrated rate on new policies and not the actual credited rates which are based on the performance of the S&P 500. This change comes as a result of AG 49 which was mandated by NAIC to standardize how indexed UL is illustrated across the industry.
- Effective September 1, 2015, the maximum new business illustrated rate for Transamerica’s TransNavigator Indexed UL will be 6.86%. This maximum rate is based on the new actuarial guideline AG 49 which was mandated by NAIC.