Mutual of Omaha
· Effective July 1, 2015, a new 10 year term will be added to the Term Life Express portfolio. The product is available in all states except New York. Keep in mind that certain changes were made to earlier in 2015 where the maximum face amount for Term Life Express was reduced from $400,000 to $300,000 for ages 18-50 …. And from $400,000 to $250,000 for ages 51-65.
· Effective July 1, 2015, the maximum face amounts for Guaranteed Universal Life Express will be raised to $300,000 for ages 18-50. The maximum of $250,000 will still be in place for ages 51-65. Keep in mind there is no blood, urine, or paramed exam for GUL Express
· Nationwide will begin to implement the new uniform Indexed UL illustration guidelines developed by NAIC and ACLI. The guideline, known as AG 49, is being implemented in two phases starting on September 1, 2015 and ending on March 1, 2016. See announcement for schedule of specific illustration features that will be phased in.
· As part of the AG 49 illustration transition, Nationwide will continue to offer its original YourLife Indexed UL, along with their new YourLife IUL Accumulator, and YourLife IUL Protector products.
· Effective August 31, 2015, the YourLife Single Premium UL (SPUL) product will be closed for new business. This is due to the continuing low interest environment and continued market uncertainty.